Northern Sea Route Future to be discussed by International experts during TRANSTEC 2014
June 24, 2014
On 3 October 2014,during the programme of the 4th International Conference on Development of Ports and Shipping at the Exhibition TRANSTEC 2014,the International Expert Council on Cooperation in the Arctic will hold a meeting to discuss “The Present and the Future of the Northern Sea Route”.
The organiser is autonomous non-commercial organisation “Center for Strategic Assessments and Forecasts”based in Moscow, Russia.
The International Expert Council on Cooperation in Arctic was established in 2013, with the assistance of the Civic Chamber of the Russian Federation. The project is supported by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia, A. M Gorchakov Public Diplomacy Fund and the Russian Geographical Society.
The event will be attended by Russian and foreign experts, with the main topics for discussion including:
- Reported and Forecasted geopolitical and geo-economic trends in the medium and long term; Their role in the Northern Sea Route development
- Actual questions of effective and safe use of the Northern Sea Route
- Economic and financial aspects of activity of the Northern Sea Route
- Legal and political-legal aspects of maintenance activities and the safe navigation within the Northern Sea Route
- Current issues of international cooperation in ensuring the effective use of the Northern Sea Route.
Requests and participation applications are welcomed directly to the Organisers by e-mail to: email@example.com.